The quality of food that a person consumes daily plays an important and essential role in determining the level of physical, mental and psychological health,
so it is very important for the individual to be aware of the elements available in his daily meals and whether they contain the appropriate quantities for him or not,
like the human body, It requires specific proportions of different nutrients such as vitamins, proteins, fats, etc. to perform vital functions in a healthy and sound manner.
Healthy nutrition or a portion of healthy food is the food that contains the various nutrients and in the appropriate quantities needed by the human body.
The food that a person consumes is healthy when it contains various nutrients such as carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, sugars, fiber, etc., and these elements are available In quantities suitable for the needs of the body.
What is Healthy Nutrition?
It is the nutrition that does not cause any health problems for the individual, on the contrary, healthy nutrition is the nutrition that is able to protect the body and protect it from many diseases that may affect it and keep it healthy and healthy,
sometimes it helps in treating some chronic diseases, so healthy nutrition supplies the body with all its needs It is one of the nutrients for each member to perform its vital functions in a proper way
The appropriate healthy nutrition differs from one person to another, as each person needs different types and quantities of nutrients, according to his body’s needs,
daily activities, and health status, as the individual’s needs differ according to their gender, age, and if they have a specific disease, as well as according to daily activity and their activities. Sports
An athlete needs more calories than an average person because his physical activity is greater, and he also needs a high percentage of protein to build muscle,
and a diabetic patient needs carbohydrates and sugars in moderate or low amounts to maintain the level of glucose in the blood
Benefits of Healthy Nutrition
- It provides the body with the energy needed to complete the body’s vital processes and daily activities for the individual, increases concentration,it improves mood, and increases the effectiveness of all brain activities.
- Maintains the health and safety of the digestive system because it contains an adequate amount of fiber that facilitates digestion, in addition to its contribution to maintaining beneficial bacteria in the stomach.
- It helps in maintaining a healthy weight for the individual, and also helps in losing weight and getting rid of accumulated fats in overweight and obese people,in addition to its contribution to weight gain for people who are underweight and extra thin.
- It helps prevent many diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and other diseases.
- Reducing the possibility of some types of cancer such as colorectal cancer and stomach cancer.
- Promote healthy hair and skin, appear healthy and vibrant, help keep skin healthy and fresh, and delay signs of aging.
- Improving sleep, healthy nutrition contributes to maintaining sleep times, helps to sleep better and reduces insomnia, and thus reduces feeling tired and tired
Healthy Food Ingredients
There are some foods that can be classified as healthy foods because they contain high levels of different nutrients and that every person must be sure to be present in his daily meal program.
Fruits are high in fiber and natural sugar, and are a healthy alternative to processed sweets and sugars, and are an essential energy source for all vital activities.
It is an essential source of minerals and vitamins that are important for a healthy body.
Whole grains are a healthy choice because they contain high levels of fiber and vitamins,and it is preferable to eat whole grains because they have a higher proportion of vitamins than other grains, so it is advisable to replace all white flour products with whole wheat grain products.
Multiple protein sources:
- Poultry (Chicken)
Drinking water in sufficient quantities every day helps the digestive system and all body systems to perform its vital functions healthy and sound.
Milk and its derivatives: Milk and its derivatives are an essential source of minerals and vitamins such as calcium, vitamin D, and others.